Hi guys! So CLEOPATRA IN SPACE #1 comes out in two weeks! In anticipation, I’m running a contest where you can win a signed copy of of the book (hardcover or paperback), signed prints, plus an original watercolor drawing! All you have to do is comment HERE (so I can easily keep track of entries). Leaving a comment on the site will enter you into the contest, but spreading the news about Cleopatra in Space, this contest, where to buy it, etc… will get you two additional entries. Sharing this post counts. :)
Additional details are in the link above. Good luck!
So here’s the problem.
I don’t like Chris Evans all that much.
Just Captain America.
How to live like a king for very little By THOR HARRIS
1. Don’t smoke cigarettes.
2. Drive old Japanese cars. Easy and cheap to fix & they run for fucking ever.
3. Buy most of your groceries from the produce section. Most of that other shit is not actually food. You don’t need it.
4. Ride your bike instead of driving as much as you can. You need the exercise and gas is expensive.
5. Don’t have kids. They’re not miracles, they’re people. 7 billion is too fucking many. Find some other way to give your dull existence some meaning. BTW they’re expensive.
6. Get your clothes from thrift stores. With the physique you’ll have from riding your bike, you’ll look hot wearing anything.
7. Learn to fix things. Tons of great books and youtube vids on fixing anything. Or ask an old dude. People used to fix things. No shit.
8. Learn a trade – Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, auto mechanics, tailoring, computer/electronics repair, something They can’t fucking outsource. No one gives a shit about your Masters in Dostoyevsky…. fix something, dumbass, fix something!
9. If you like booze, drink at home with your neighbors. Drunk driving is for assholes, rich ones with lawyers.
10. Do people favors. It’s called Cooperation. It’s how the world worked before money. They will return the favor, or someone will. No shit. This really works.
11. Make things – Look around you. What do you see? Yah, shitty stuff made by impoverished enslaved people far away. Pick anything. Make a better one. People want good shit. You won’t get rich, but you’ll get by.
12. If you live in America – don’t get sick and avoid injury. Wear your fucking helmet and put lights on your bike.
13. Find work you love. If you can’t do that, then find a job where you love the people.
14. Junkies and addicts are like toddlers. They just want to shit all over you and everything. The messes they make can get expensive. Avoid them if you can.
15. Don’t buy shit on credit, remember what happened to America? Cash only, fuckers. Can’t afford it? Don’t fucking buy it!
16. Preventable expenses - STD’s, abortions, DWI’s, lung cancer, head injuries, speeding tickets, cirrhosis of the liver.
17. Don’t go on fancy dates if you’re not fancy. Most people kind of despise the rich anyway.
18. When you go see shows, bring a flask in. That way you can afford to buy a record.
19. If you had told me 15 years ago that Coca Cola would put tap water in plastic bottles and motherfuckers would BUY IT …… No fuckin way.
20. Don’t get cable. Asshole. There is nothing on. I promise. $100 a month ? Fuck no!
This list was edited by Stacey Yates with contributions from Jherek Bishoff, Chad Raines & Amanda Palmer. We live in a wasteful society. Live well. It don’t take much. Really.
via monofonus press
A REMINDER THAT DONNA IS THE BEST
Friendly reminder in one novel a character says ”flipping” a lot and The Doctor goes ”Yeah that’s the TARDIS’s swear filter”
Suddenly I like the word “flipping” very much.
imagine the 12th Doctor going: you flipping flip. get out of flipping TARDIS you flipping piece of flip.
i would cry
*knock knock* “FLIP THE FLIP IN OR FLIP THE FLIP OFF!!!”
"FLIPPIN’ FLIP ME"
Mabel and Dipper Pines (nicknamed the “Mystery Twins”) pilot the Mark-III jaeger Gravity Falls (they played rock paper scissors to name the jaeger and Mabel won, to Dipper’s eternal chagrin). Dipper’s studied all the inner workings of the jaeger (and could probably single-handedly repair it after a fight if he could split into an army of clones), but Mabel’s the more natural fighter. Dipper has a crush on Wendy, one of the munitions officers (sadly she already has a boyfriend, Robbie). Mabel’s best friends are Candy (LOCCENT mission controller in LA) and Grenda (one of the jaeger engineers). Dipper’s famous for his crazy conspiracy theories, while Mabel’s (in)famous for the handknitted sweaters she gives everyone.